International Bicycle Travel Forum
International Bicycle Travel Forum
Who's Online
16 registered (nuredo, Räuber Kneißl, Jaeng, 8 invisible), 303 Guests and 664 Spiders online.
Details
Advanced
About this forum
Rules
The Rules for this forum
Terms of use
Agreements for the use
The Team
Who's behind the forum?
Involved Homepages
Bicycle-travel sites already using the forum
Participate!
Use this forum in your Homepage
RSS feeds RSS
Overview of public RSS feeds
Shoutbox
A small chat area
Partner Sites
Statistics
29207 Members
97623 Topics
1532663 Posts

During the last 12 months 2223 members have been active.The most activity so far was at 02.02.24 17:09 with 5102 users online.
more...
Top Posters (30 Days)
veloträumer 60
Falk 55
Keine Ahnung 52
Juergen 50
iassu 46
Page 2 of 2  < 1 2
Topic Options
#1329441 - 03/30/18 11:42 AM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: Keine Ahnung]
ConRAD
Topic starter
“Cycling in the Night”

.... a wonderful way to know cities and live them, maybe for just a few hours, in their noblest and never too much hidden genuine intimacy.

Top   Email Print
#1329510 - 03/30/18 08:45 PM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: ConRAD]
Keine Ahnung
Davvero fantastico!

I really like your "Cycling in the Night" presentations. Besides the fact that things look different and somehow magic during nighttime, many of the places you are showing would just be very crowded during daytime.

In two weeks time I will be in Milan for few days. I will definitely explore the city during night - unfortunately, I will not have my bicycle with me.
Gruß, Arnulf

"Ein Leben ohne Radfahren ist möglich, aber sinnlos" (frei nach Loriot)

Edited by Keine Ahnung (03/30/18 08:46 PM)
Top   Email Print
#1350863 - 08/18/18 06:54 AM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: Keine Ahnung]
ConRAD
Topic starter
The Garda Lake Cyclepath (the short stretch of Limone sul Garda)
Just a few days ago I happened to read the interview to a “certain Minister in charge” who on July the 14th, the day of its inauguration, pronounced these beautiful words: "Overlooking the lake, the most beautiful cyclepath in the world is now a reality. Beautiful by day, wonderful at night, the cyclepath of Limone del Garda is now freely available 24 hours a day, under the sun during the day or at night"
… well, so the past night I decided to go by car first and then by bicycle to see this beautiful cyclepath … but what a great disappointment !!
Two-three kms overall, parallel to the main road, definitely nice no doubt but too narrow IMO, perhaps enjoyable till six/seven in the morning ... then a little bit later people jogging, walking, stopping to take pictures at any spot, with children, with dogs, etc. etc. ... and so at around eight the only chance is to go back on main road again. That's it!!

Top   Email Print
#1374012 - 02/10/19 02:53 AM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: ConRAD]
cyclerps
Great pics from Milano (my second business-home). Thanks for that! clap
Gruss
Markus
Forza Victoria !

When nothing goes right -> go left!
Top   Email Print
#1379545 - 03/19/19 04:36 PM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: cyclerps]
ConRAD
Topic starter
ISEO LAKE – ITALY - ISEO NIGHT 17MAR2019
Once parked the car in the cemetery parking, just a while after midnight we reached out the beautiful Sarnico lakeside. The road on the Bergamo side shore, already deserted at that hour of the night, alternates very suggestive country stretches with urban routes on well-groomed and always quite panoramic cycle paths. A few kms past Lovere we finally passed onto the Brescia side of the lake where the Oglio Cycle Path, except for a few interruptions, runs underneath magnificent rocky mountains and right above the lake shore. Before dawn, at the end of our journey around the lake, we took a 10 min ferry till Monte Isola, a very pretty and minute isle just at the heart of the lake.

Top   Email Print
#1379620 - 03/20/19 10:59 AM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: ConRAD]
Keine Ahnung
I like your "cycling in the night" movies. Thank you for sharing them with us!
Gruß, Arnulf

Top   Email Print
#1382719 - 04/12/19 08:21 AM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: ConRAD]
memy
I tried cycling during night time when it was extremely hot in remote areas in western Australia. I absolutely enjoyed it mainly because of the stunning (!!!) view of the stars you get (and the cooler temperatures wink ).
In that way I understand why you do these trips.
Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Horst
Top   Email Print
#1388352 - 05/31/19 03:46 PM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: cyclerps]
ConRAD
Topic starter
Originally Posted By: cyclerps
... Milano (my second business-home)...

Looking back at the video again I realized that perhaps it might be too long for the “general viewer” so I finally decided to re-edit it limiting the footage to the part relevant to Milano only.
Contextually I also revised some introduction frames explicitly mentioning the author of the sound track used.
Unfortunately remains the problem of some possible “copyright” violation since youtube often reminds me to ask, prior to publishing, the explicit permission by the author.
Is there anybody that knows how to do it?

Top   Email Print
#1388356 - 05/31/19 04:28 PM Re: Cycling in the night [Re: ConRAD]
Keine Ahnung
I also like the long version! wink
Gruß, Arnulf

Top   Email Print
Page 2 of 2  < 1 2

www.bikefreaks.de